Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seeds are planted!

I can't believe I forgot to mention this yesterday! It took 8 trips down to the dumpster, but I got all of my flower boxes cleaned out. My arms felt like rubber after I was done, but I really wanted to get them all filled with dirt and the seeds in them last night. It's been crazy downpouring here all day every day, and I had to take advantage of it letting up for a second or who knows when the seeds would get planted.

It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, and the rains actually held off until the wee hours of the morning.

I couldn't get the tomatoes and tomatillos planted in flower boxes yet, though. I started jiffy pellets in my office and put them there. They'll get much better light in my office, and it'll be fun to watch them progressing every day. I just hope it isn't too late in the season to get them started. Most tomato growers have huge seedlings that they're putting the ground around now. I'm 6-8 weeks behind schedule, which might mean that I'll be dealing with the weather getting cold right when my tomatoes should be ripening, which would really suck.

Oh well... now it's just a game of wait and see.

In other news, I was dismayed to see that my clematis already have aphids on them. Dammit. I cleaned off all the ones I saw, but hopefully some kind aphid-eating insects will come and take care of them for me!

No comments:

Christmas Day

Okay, I know. I'm terrible. I haven't posted in forever. I have a good excuse, though - it's impossible to take pictures of my m...